Thursday, August 5, 2010

. <- Period


My Aunt came out of the bathroom and handed me a bulky-something neatly wrapped in toilet tissue paper and said "Cherry tapon mo toh sa basura sa labas". I took it from her hand and asked "Sa-e Ano toh?" and she just said "Siopao". I was seven years old. I obediently dropped it down the trash shoot of the building, wondering 'bakit tinapon kung siopao? sayang'

Siopao. It was the summer of the year I turned 13, when i finally now had to throw my own siopao's...:) It was an awkward time in my life. haha. Enough said.

I said to myself that when Czesca starts to ask about these things I will be more honest.

I just didnt expect it to be too soon. So the other night as we were about to go to sleep...

Czesca: Mommy bakit may dugo ka sa pampers mo?

Me: Sino nagsabi sa iyo?

Czesca: ako lang, nakita ko...bakit may dugo ka sa pampers mommy?

Me: Ah...someday Czesca, paglaki mo magkakaganun ka din..

Czesca:....

Me: That's called "period"

Czesca: Hindi kaya 'period'...mommy...ang tawag dun 'blood'. "BLOOD" mommy "Blood" hindi 'period'.

Of course, i laughed again. Sometimes I wonder kung namimilosopo lang siya or if she's really just 4. She always has a point naman ahaha.

Me: hay nako pagusapan na lang natin pag ten or eleven years old ka na, ilang taon ka na ba?

Czesca: 4...

Me: o see 4 ka lang, remind mo na lang ako pag 11 ka na...

Scoring more points over me? I had to at least try to redeem myself. hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment