Thursday, July 9, 2009

Central Market



Central Market. I took these pictures weeks ago when i still had the time.

I walked around clicking my camera, almost gaping at every thing I saw. It was beautiful. I haven't seen a 'Bunot' since high school. Almost everything was shouting 'Native' "Indigenous' "Made in The Philippines'.

Life is too fast right now. I wonder if things like these will last for another century. I almost forgot they existed. It was fascinating. I grew up in the Philippines. I don't live far from here and yet i was standing there like Alice-in-wonderland, as if everything was either prehistoric or something new.

And then i realized these things are familiar yet wonderful not because I was born and raised in the Philippines but because it reflected a culture that is gradually fading into the background of the modern day. And that some how my subconscious knew. This is what we call cherish the moment. (",)

Shallow. Some may say. To appreciate such petty things..., but then again what is shallow? (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment