Friday, June 19, 2009

Elevator Girl


She hid her face from the camera, laughing a little. (the picture doesnt seem like it, but she's laughing, she is not whispering anything to the wall. (",) hahaha )
Tonight I decided to ask her two things first “ Anong ginagawa mo pag walang tao sa elevator? Walang sumasakay? What do you do when there’s no one inside the elevator, no one’s riding the elevator?” She said “ Nagisip isip lang. Just thinking,daydreaming
Naghahagdan ka ba at nakapaghagdan ka na ba dito? Do you ever use the stairs and have you ever tried going up by climbing stairs here?
She answered “ Oo pero hanggang third floor lang Yes but only up to the third floor

Thanks to me i just gave her something more to think about while she's in there (I must have seemed weird..=p)
I was just wondering because everyday she sits on a chair inside the elevator, greeting us as we step in for a ride up or down, pushing the floor buttons for us. She does that for about 8 hours with a one hour break everyday. By now, she knows every building tenant by the floor that they live in that you don’t have to tell her anymore what floor button to push when you get in.
Sometimes sheis forced to helplessly listen to what random nonsense we want to say or release. For example, Last week when I bought plastic plants, I told her about it as she smiled at me; how I really intended to buy real plants but that I ended up buying plastic plants, how expensive the real plants were and how much more convenient to opt for the plastic plants. I’m sure that I am not the only tenant in our building that makes sudden small talks inside the elevator with her (please don’t let me be the only one ;p hahaha). Maybe it’s because you always see her that somehow you’ve developed a sense of feeling at ease with her which makes you feel comfortable talking to her at times. I’m not sure. There are times when you actually don’t notice her at all. But she’s there, pushing the buttons for your daughter who is coming home from school, for the elders coming home from a mahjong game and for many more. She’s in every tenant’s every day and yes, I don’t even know her name. ‘She’s just the elevator girl’ we tend to say. But everybody is a big person if she is in your every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment